Make your very own balloon hover craft with nothing more than an old CD, sports cap drinks bottle, Blu-tack and a balloon.
- 1 balloon
- 1 drink bottle top or fruit shoot top (with a sports cap)
- 1 old CD or DVD
- Roll the Blu-tack into a thin sausage shape and stick it to the bottom of the sports cap
- Stick the sports cap onto the centre of the CD DVD
- Check that there are no air gaps around the bottom of the sports cap
- Push the sports cap down so that it is closed.
- Blow up a balloon and put it over the top of the sports cap
- Put your Hovercraft on a smooth floor (not carpet)
- When you’re ready, lift the sports cap top and gently push your hovercraft.
The air from the balloon is pushed down through the centre of the CD/DVD and the only way out is for it to push underneath the CD/DVD. This creates a cushion of air for the hovercraft to float on making it speed across the floor.