Water Investigation Kit
Explore and learn all about water with this water investigation kit which is suitable for key stages 3, 4, 5 & 6. Use the kit to discover more about the principles of temperature, solids and liquids and evaporation.
Kits are rented on a termly basis and can be hired for up to 6 weeks. Only 2 kits per school at any time.
You can use this kit to:
The water investigation kit can be used for students to:
- investigate temperature and how to read it on a scale.
- learn how a solid and a liquid can be mixed to produce a solution and investigate how this solid can be reclaimed by the process of evaporation.
- learn how solids can change state and how some changes are reversible and some irreversible
The Kit Contains:
10 thermometer beakers with lids
1 large thermometer
10 Science dictionaries
2 bottles of food colouring
15 safety trays
15 metal stands
15-night light candles
15 metal trays
15 plastic cups to hold sand
1 lighter (only to be used by the class teacher)
1 box of sand
Items not included:
- Recording sheets (a master copy is provided in Appendix 1)
- Chocolate chunks
- You will require a freezer to freeze the water balloon and a large bowl or tank to put the ice balloon in