GET CREATIVE AND PAINT SOME BEAUTIFUL ARTWORK WHILST EXPLORING THE SCIENCE BEHIND BUBBLE ART WITH THIS HANDY GUIDE.
- Old newspapers or table cloth (to protect the table)
- Paint pots (mugs or bowls)
- Children’s paint
- A Straw
- Protect your table with old newspapers or a tablecloth.
- For the bubble mix you need 3 tablespoons of paint, 1-2 tablespoons of water and 2 good squirts of washing up liquid.
- Stir it with a spoon until it is all mixed together.
- Put one end of the straw in the bubble mix and then BLOW gently into the other end of the straw.
- You may need to adjust your bubble mix – if it’s too watery then add more paint, if the bubbles burst too quickly then add more washing up liquid etc.
- Once the bubbles are at the top of your bowl, place a piece of paper over the top to print onto the paper.
- You can try this with lots of different colours too.
When you blow air through the straw, the washing up liquid traps it inside a soapy film. The outside of the bubbles has a layer of water on it. The water is mixed with your paint which gives it its colour and this leaves a print on the paper