Kits are rented on a termly basis and can be hired for up to 6 weeks. Only 2 kits per school at any time.
The Electricity kit is ideal for Key Stage 1 and 2, and gives the student the opportunity to explore healthy eating through fun activities including:
- Write down what everyone has eaten in the past 24 hours. How did their diet compare with the pyramid?
- Look at the different food groups and how they make up a healthy diet
- Plan a healthy meal for a family
- Plan a day’s worth of meals and include 5 servings of fruit and vegetables
- Look at food labels to see how much sugar/faUsalt is in different foods
- Find out how much energy is given by different foods
- Identify examples of food as fruit or vegetables (tomatoes are fruit!)
- Compare animal and human diets. Why are they different?
- Find out how much different foods cost to buy. Why are some more expensive than others?
- Discover added iron in your branflakes
The Kit Contains:
- 1 Large selection of foods (see Appendix for full list)
- 10 plates
- 1 “Join the Activators” CD-ROM
- 1 Eatwell Plate Big Floor Game:
- 1 Floormat
- 48 Food Cards
- Sheet 1 Eatwell Plate - Activity Ideas
- Sheet 2 Eatwell Plate Basics
- Sheet 3 The Eatwell Plate: The food groups explained
- 4 posters:
- Food pyramid
- The Eatwell Plate
- 1 set of Teachers’ notes